Review: The Getaway List - Emma Lord










Review: The Getaway List - Emma Lord - January 2024

Today was another nice day outside and so it meant, sitting on my outside porch swing and reading and when I get undisturbed reading time then that's the time, I love to get stuck into my Book Shoppe Book Boxes. I had 5 sitting on my pile and so I asked my partner to pick a number between 1-5 and he picked number #4 which happened to be Emma Lord's The Getaway List which was February's YA Book Box.
After reading a mystery this morning, reading a sweet YA romance was right up my alley. In The Getaway List, we have Riley and Tom - best friends since childhood. In a world where most people their age would be going off to college, they are both stuck in the "what to do next stages". Riley decides on a whim to visit Tom in New York for the weekend and start the Getaway List they wrote before Tom moved away. What turns from a weekend ends up being the whole summer and with a few more friends chucked into the mix, their Getaway List becomes a team project by the end of Summer - will they have everything ticked off and in doing so find exactly what was missing from their lives, that one thing they needed to move on to the next steps of their lives? This was a fun YA romance read and reminded me of the books by Stephanie Perkins - Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door. To conclude - what is one item on your Getaway List??

The Book Shoppe - www.thebookshoppe.co.nz


Amazon - https://amzn.to/3IW6bkJ





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid