The Seance - Heather Graham


Today's October Halloween read is about Ghosts and written by Heather Graham the writer  not the celebrity , though in it's own way the author is also a celebrity.

                      
                                                        The Seance

                    Review : The Seance - Heather Graham - March 2010

I've  never actually read any of Heather Graham's books before as though I had seen them come through returns at work continuously they had never really grabbed me and silently yelled "READ ME" . However , at work the other day , The Seance came through and it had a different cover than the picture above , it was a cover that really grabbed me and I thought why not give it a go , who knows I might enjoy it and I did. I read it in about 1 hr and 15 mins over my morning tea and lunch break at work today.
In The Seance we are presented with the main character Christina who in the beginning of the novel is a 12yr old girl who sees the ghost of her Grandad only to wake up the next morning and find out he is dead , on the same day as his funeral , another guy was being buried - a policeman named Beau Kidd who was the lead suspect in a string of murders just a few plots away from her Grandad.
About 10-15 yrs later, Christina's grandmother has recently passed away and she is living in her Grandmother's house , on a whim she throws a housewarming party and an old friend brings out the Ouija Board, little does Christina and the rest of the guests know is that the Ouija Board has released the ghost of Beau Kidd and now with the murders restarting, he wants Christina's help to clear his name and solve the crimes by catching the real killer who got off Scot-free all those years ago.
This novel will keep everyone on their toes as we soon realise that the Killer is somebody close to Christina and whom you least expect. Will they catch the killer before or will Christina walk into a trap and become the next and latest victim ?

Comments

  1. Great review and I have this one on my TBR pile!

    I highly recommend reading Heather's books!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid