Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater



                 As we continue in the month of October , Today's read is about Werewolves.


                                                                     Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls)

                                                  Review : Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater

When this book first came into the library , I tried to read it and was one that I had to put down as I couldn't get into it , with the release of the third novel , I decided that I would give it another go and to my surprise I actually enjoyed it and have got the 2nd book Linger out to read - so readers, a review of that will follow in the next week or so.
In Shiver we are introduced to two main characters Grace - a human girl who was bitten by a werewolf when she was little and is one of the few that have never changed , as a girl she was saved by the werewolf Sam who plays a huge part in Shiver and is the second of our main characters. Sam is the wolf that visits and protects Grace every winter as in this novel , when the wolves reach a certain temperature it changes them from human form to wolf.
When one of the local school boys and jock's Jack goes missing, the wolves are to blame and the town of Gentry becomes a hunter's paradise as the wolves begin to slowly be killed. When Grace discovers Sam bleeding , she rushes him to care and so in a short time begins their relationship , we read as Grace readily accepts Sam's wolfishness and read about the obstacles that both parties will go through and the extremes they will go to be with each other, the one they love .
When Jack becomes obsessed with a cure and danger strikes for Grace , will it cost a life for the cure and will that life be Grace's or Sam's ?
This is a novel that I am glad that I decided to re-read as I enjoyed it and what extra feature I quite liked was that as the cover for this book was blue , the font colour was also blue rather than the boring ol' everyday black font we see in books nowadays.

As I said earlier on in the week , I am starting to enjoy the whole book cover re-creation projects, so to get my skills up when I come across a title that I'm reviewing , every now and again - I will give the cover a go , so readers, Here's today's recreation of Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.




Comments

  1. You know I had a similar experience with Shiver. I just finished reading it this month. I picked it up in Barnes and Noble and read for an hour or so and it didn't grab me enough to buy it. Then every time I went into the bookstore I'd pick it up again and after a while I found I really enjoyed it. I ended up finishing the whole book between bookstore trips, but I will definitely buy the next two in the series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid