VBT# Closure - Rie McGaha


Welcome Readers, to my third VBT# with Goddess Fish Promotions - http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2010/09/virtual-book-tour-closure.html?zx=9e29c957ba7bb04d
Today we present you a book that ends it all Closure by Rie McGaha and today we have for readers a glimpse inside the author's head , a blurb of the book.
P.S : Readers , please come and comment on the blog as the blog with the most comments wins a prize and if we get enough comments , I may share it with the rest of my followers :)

                                                                   Closure

                                                 Synopsis of Closure - Rie McGaha - 2010

High in the hills above Albuquerque, New Mexico Detective Zachariah Ellison arrives at the scene of a murder, and not just any murder, but one that definitely falls into the “gruesome” category even for a seasoned cop like Zach. When another body is found murdered in much the same fashion, Zach knows he’s got a serial killer on his hands, and to top it off he’s got an assistant district attorney hounding him about the case. As Zach tries to investigate the crimes while sidestepping nosey Amy Logan, a third body is found and Zach hasn’t a clue as to whom the perpetrator might be.
Amy Logan has worked hard to put herself through school and pay for law school on her own and now that she’s secured a position as assistant district attorney in Albuquerque, she’s determined to do everything she can to be the best prosecutor this office has ever seen. And as if luck was following her, she’s been assigned to the biggest homicide case the city has ever seen. The only problem she’s having is the homicide detective who’s leading the investigation—Zach Ellison.


                                                   
                                                   Interview with the Author: Rie McGaha

1) Tell us about your book Closure?



Closure takes place in Albuquerque NM. Detective Zacharia Ellison is investigating some pretty gruesome murders. He might just be able to get to the bottom of the case if ADA Amy Logan would stay out of his way.

2) Are you a fan of the Mystery/Thriller Genre and if so what are some of the books that you have enjoyed in this genre besides your own lol?


Yes. I have always loved mystery/suspense stories. I love James Patterson and it’s been my dream to co-author a book with him. ( TPPN: James Patterson is also one of my most favourite authors, Ive read everything by him)


3) What gives you the innovation to write a particular genre?


Hmmm...as strange as it sounds, I don’t really make a conscious decision about genre. In fact, I rarely even pay attention to genre and often write several genres within the same story.


4) Has your characters or writing been inspired by friends/ family?


Actually they have on occasion. I have a varied and colorful family so there’s really a lot of character influence I can draw on.


5) How did you come up with the title of Closure?


Closure was the only possible title for this story, and once you read it, I’m sure you’ll agree.


6) What are you working on now?


I have a new book coming out on Oct 9 called Deep Within My Heart from Silver Publishing. This is a historical pirate action adventure family saga romance! I told you I mix genres! lol From eXcessica publishing I have a book called One Good Man, a BBW contemporary romance that takes place in Biloxi, MS. And several more that I don’t have release dates for yet.


7) What is your favourite scene in your book?


For me the murder scenes are my favorite to write. It’s just so much fun to see how twisted I can be!


8) Had you previously written anything?


Oh yes. I have several erotic romances in subgenres, i.e. pararnormal, time travel, adventure, shape shifter, humor, and many more from Noble Romance Publishing. I have a new historical western romance out with Silver Publising called Comes an Outlaw, and with Untreed Reads I have a paranormal short called A Winter’s Night. Jay Hartman is the EIC at Untreed and just before this story was published we had a house fire and lost everything. Jay is so kind and made A Winter’s Night a fund raiser to help us replace some of the things we lost by giving me 100% of the royalties thru Dec 31. Plus anyone who buys A Winter’s Night gets a copy of Ghosts of Valentines Past as a thank you, and they will be entered to win a copy of every book on my backlist.


9) Were there any scenes that were cut in the editing process you wish had made it into the book?


Yes, the prologue was cut but I saved it just in case the voices in my head decide there's a sequel!


10) Can you give us one fun fact we might not know about Closure? Something about the story itself or the writing process?


Ha Ha! I made my husband pose for the “murders“ just to make sure I wrote them correctly and to make sure they could actually be done.


11) How did you get into writing? Did you always want to become a writer?


I never made the decision to be a writer, I was born this way. ;) I began telling stories long before I could write, and by the second or third grade I had a folder full of stories I’d made up. I wrote my
first full length story in the 8th grade. It was about a woman from Boston who came to the wild, Wild West to teach school and fell in love with the town sheriff. I don’t remember the title but I wish I still had a copy so I could see where my 13 year old mind was then!


12) If you could have dinner with three people DOA who would they be and why?


Easy answer...James Patterson because he rocks; Stephen King because he really creeps me out; and Abraham Lincoln because I have a few questions about stuff!

13) What are you reading now?


The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros; a historical highlander story.


14) Which author has inspired you most and why?


Wow, so many. F. Scott Fitzgerald, John Steinbeck; James Patterson;Stephen King; Anne Rice and many others.


15) What advice would you give aspiring authors?


No matter how many rejections you receive, don’t give up. Keep writing no matter what because eventually someone will like what you write and take a chance on you. This is a publisher's market with millions of writers who have manuscripts to sell and publishers can afford to be picky, so learn from those rejection letters. They will make you a better, stronger and more polished writer.


16) As a Quotes Person I always like to ask To finish off, do you have a quote or poem that has stuck with you over the years and what is the story behind it?


LOL ! My favorite quotes have nothing to do with a book. “Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges.“ I change ’badges’ to ’genres’ lol! And the other one was said by Mae West-“You know how to whistle don’t you? Just put your lips together and blow.“


I love Mae West, such a classy, naughty lady!
Thank you so much for having me.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for having me. The interview was a lot of fun. Don't you just love reading books that are this twisted? lol

    Rie McGaha...fantasy that keeps you up
    www.riemcgaha.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this. Rie is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome interview. I love Rie's work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, TJ and CH you are too kind....keep it coming! LOL

    Rie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds as though you practice what you preach. Very revealing interview.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I collect favorite quotes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie,
    Thanks for coming by. Yeah, she really asked a lot of questions I had to actually think about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Caroline. What are some of your fave quotes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed the post!! Closure looks like a great read.

    Judy
    magnolias_1@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you aren't freaked out by the murder scenes, you'll love it!

    Rie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great interview Rie.I was not freaked out by the murder scenes. I love thrillers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid