Review: Being Martha - Erin Lee



Being Martha


Review: Being Martha - Book #3 Circus Freaks Series - Erin Lee - July 2018

If you love circuses and freakshows as well as the town Escape, Colorado, then you will enjoy Being Martha - Book #3 in the Circus Freak series. Out of the three, I have read, I have to admit that I fell in love with this book and I loved the twists and turned that Martha took especially when it came to her scientist friend. It brought a tear to my eyes as I imagined the life that they had and how she was separated from those she loved and had to live out her life in the Circus as a bearded woman when really out of all the circus freaks, she was one with the darkest secrets. Reading this book was also fun as it reunited me with some of the characters from previous tales like Cat with Moe's skull and reading the part between Martha and Cat's cat - I was like yay as I hated that character too and was like good riddance :P.  Unlike the previous books in the Circus Freaks series, the second half of Being Martha will pull at your heartstrings and through the pages will shine the Erin Lee style writing that we are used to in her books Goodbye Unicorns and Wave to Me Papa. Being Martha also brings a strong connection to the Escape to Reality series, so if you have read those, you will be met with familiar faces. I am now looking forward to reading Neptune's story in Star and discovering her background.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid