Review: Marriage and Murder - Penny Reid





Pin on Books


Marriage and Murder (Solving for Pie: Cletus and Jenn Mysteries, #2)

Review: Marriage and Murder - #Book 2 - Solving For Pie: Cletus and Jenn Mysteries - Marcj 2021


As a big fan of Penny Reid's Winston Brothers series, I was so excited for her new book in the Cletus and Jenn Mysteries. Out of all the Winston Family, Cletus is my favorite of the brothers - I just love how logical he is. It also could be the fact that he slightly reminds me of my own partner Bryan. Don't worry he doesn't read my reviews. In this book, we start with Cletus and Jenn's engagement party which is being hosted in the barn and Jenn's evil Daddy arrives and makes a big scene. The next thing we know is that Cletus and Jenn have disappeared to the bakery to bump uglies and then bang bang. Someone has murdered Kip Sylvester and it's looking like Jenn's mother and Jenn herself are the prime suspects. Cletus knows that at least Jenn is innocent but can he prove it or will his bride remain behind bars? I also liked the twist and the added extra of Razor from the biker gang whom we have seen in previous books including those in the Smartypants Romance line. This story itself wasn't as great as her others but as it included all of my favorite characters and the Winston Family - that definitely made up for it and I mainly read it for that banter The Winston Family is known for.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3qFw64q










 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid