Review: Stone Cold Queen - Lucy Smoke







Stone Cold Queen (Sick Boys, #2)

Review: Stone Cold Queen - Book #2 Sick Boys Series - Lucy Smoke - January 2021

I enjoyed the first book in this series Pretty Little Savage and Stone Cold Queen was just as edgy where we saw Avalon trying to move on from the brokenness and damage that was caused to her by the drug dealer and we learn the aftermath of that incident. Avalon still isn't trusting the Sick Boys though as she knows that they are hiding things from her and Avalon isn't one to let people take care of her as she has always had to be the strong one and she doesn't know how to let people take care of her - it doesn't come naturally and then we learn she doesn't let people in as she has come to realize that they just disappoint her and leave her. I have to admit I was on the fence with this book as it still leaves me wanting more answers as to what is Avalon Manning to Dean's father and how is her mother involved? Especially too was how was her mother connected to wealthy and powerful people and why does she hate Avalon so much - there has to be a better reason than just the fact she is her daughter. Overall, I am not a fan of Dean but I do love Abe and Braxton as though they want Avalon - they have a more genuine caring feel to their characters in response to Avalon whereas Dean is all alpha male, take what I want no matter what. At the end of Stone Cold Queen, we did see Avalon sign on for another four years at Eastpoint and a brief interaction with Nicholas Carter - it felt like he was letting on more than he should and has me wondering who he is to Avalon. I am now looking forward to Book #3 as of course Stone Cold Queen ended on another cliffie and left me with more unanswered questions.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3r8l0VT







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid