Review: Thorn - Tracy Lorraine




Thorn (Rosewood High #1)

Review: Thorn - Book #1 Rosewood High Series - Tracy Lorraine - November 2019

Amalie has just started at a high school in America after she has gone to live with her Grandma as her parents were killed and so she has had to uproot her whole life from London and come to Rosewood. Things though would have been easy for her but she has captured the eye of the hottest guy in the school - Jake and he has a bee in his bonnet about her. She doesn't know him from a bar of soap, yet he is treating her like she has the plague and wants her gone. I have to admit when I found out the reason Jake is this way towards Amalie, I found the reasoning a bit weak and it frustrated me as I was like seriously WTF, is that all. He didn't even know what type of person she was and what she had been through. Then, of course, we have the age-old story of him being a jerk and leaking a photoshopped picture of her which leads to her being called a W____ and a long slew of names. Then wham bam he shows a bit of kindness and the pair sleep together. Then he goes back to hating her guts. Talk about whiplash. I do like my bully romances which is why I was able to finish Thorn but it did annoy me at the same time in places as I find weak female characters so frustrating especially since at the beginning of the book Amalie had the makings of being different and strong and then wham bam she goes and ruins it by becoming just another girl to fall under Jake's spell and also we have the incident at Shane's part and hello - no actually telling us who did it and we are left to assume it was Shane and then there's the relationship between Jake and his Uncle and Aunt which we can see some tension - but it's never fully explained why they hate Jake or is it all in Jake's head ? I found Thorn had a bit too many unanswered questions for my liking but am hoping with Book #2 that some of them might be answered. Though not holding my breath as it will be more about friends and their love/hate relationship. If you are wanting a bullymance to read, then this is a good read and I am interested of course to reading Book #2 as I found myself loving Mason's character.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid