Review: A Slow Ruin - Pamela Crane







A Slow Ruin

Review: A Slow Ruin - Pamela Crane - November 2021

I have to admit, I was in two minds about this book as it had a great premise starting with one of our main character's namesakes and her disappearance back in 1910 and how she was never found again and then it jumps to the present moment and Felicity and Oliver's eldest daughter Vera has vanished. She hasn't been seen or heard from in six months and it looks like she could be gone forever. We also learn that not only Felicity and Oliver, but the "WHOLE" family are keeping some pretty messed up and dark secrets and they are all blaming themselves for Vera's disappearance. All Felicity wants is her daughter back as she feels like she has lost part of herself and can't function as is she without Vera and her marriage is starting to strain as their youngest daughter Sydney is dying and Vera was their only hope of saving her. I have to admit, this was a very busy book with what felt like a lot of characters' storylines and way too many secrets. Also, all the characters just felt so unstable. When the truth is revealed, I wanted to throw the book across the table as like seriously WTF and then to add that, the book took a weird twist with Aunt Marin that confused the heck out of me and even now I am still not 100% accurate to the timelines of the story as I got so confused with her twist. I do have to say. that one thing I do like about Pamela Crane's books as it was the same with Pretty Ugly Lies, was that you don't see the endings coming and they keep making you guess and even after you finish the book, it makes you think about it as you try and work out what just occurred. I do have to admit, if I wasn't so frustrated by the way the last few chapters of the book played out - I would have rated this a 4Ps instead of a 3Ps. I am now however looking forward to trying her other books which I have three to read on my Kindle .



Amazon: https://amzn.to/3JlfM3w





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid