Review: Copycat - Hannah Jayne









Copycat

Review: Copycat - Hannah Jayne - July 2018


One of my YA thriller authors that I have always seemed to enjoy reading is Hannah Jayne and so when I was scrolling through my kindle and saw that I had one of hers that I hadn't read, I was excited, and then when I read the blurb and discovered that the main female lead Addie was a book blogger, bookstagrammer and writer and loved mysteries - I just knew I had to read it as Addie's character was similar to myself and in a way who I aim to be like except for well, the part where she finds herself living in a real-life Gap Lake Mystery novel.  But I'm jumping ahead of myself. Addie's favorite author is the mysterious RJ Rosen - author of the popular teen series Gap Lake Mysteries. Addie writes Gap Lake fan fiction and has a massive following of over a million fans and writes for the school newspaper. RJ Rosen and his books are her worlds. Addie's story begins when she gets an email from RJ Rosen asking her to be part of his new book launch, she is in heaven as I would be too. However, things start getting strange when she posts a snippet of his new upcoming story, and the next day she finds one of her classmates Lydia dead. It's life imitating art, the thing though is she is certain the person messaging her as RJ Rosen is behind it, but what will happen when more people are hurt and no one believes her and she looks like the girl who cried wolf? Will it take hurting those the closest to her for the world to take notice? I have to admit though, I was a little disappointed with the ending and when the killer, etc was revealed as part of it I understood with revenge but the other half just fell flat for me and felt unrealistic which was a shame. I also hated the fact that no one was listening to Addie and treated her as if she was a 5-year-old with her head in the clouds and then when they did listen to her, they treated her like the villain just because she loved mysteries and dark fiction.  Overall, Copycat was an average read - not my favorite of Hannah Jayne's but still an enjoyable YA Thriller that reminded me similar of Misery by Stephen King and Eyes of the Forest by April Henry.



Amazon: https://amzn.to/3Mxvmu5






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid