Top Ten Tuesday : Books I Had to Buy but Still Sitting on the Shelf Unread

Today's Top Ten Tuesday question is one that I am really bad at , It is buying books then leaving them on my bookshelf not to be read as Review Copies and Library books begin to take precedent.

  1. Cravings - A Supernatural anthology includes authors like Laurell K Hamilton , MaryJanice Davidson, Eileen Wilks and Rebecca York.
  2. Bloodline / The Chosen - Maggie Shayne - Two books by Maggie Shayne, there was a deal at The Warehouse - 2 for $20.
  3. In the Blood - JA Kerley - Picked it up for $12 , the only one of his books I haven't read.
  4. Paranormalcy- Kiersten White - Couldn't hold out for the book to arrive in Library, so had to buy it.
  5. Beautiful Malice - Rebecca James - It looked good and I wanted to read it, picked it up from the 2nd Hand bookshop for $8
  6. Night Shift - Lilith St Crow - Book #1 in her Jill Kismet series , I enjoy the author so I brought Book #1 , plan was to read it and if I enjoyed it purchase the others.
  7. My Sweet Audrina - VC Andrews - One of the only books besides her new Daughters of Darkness series I havent read, picked it up at a market day.
  8. Mysteria - A Paranormal Anthology - MaryJanice Davidson , Susan Grant, PC Cast and Gena Showalter.
  9. Code Noir - Marianne De Pierres - Book #2 in her Nylon Angel series. I read Nylon Angel years ago and really enjoyed it - I planned again to buy books 1-3 but at the time only found book #2 for sale. Its a bit like Aeon Flux with Charlize Theron.
  10. James Patterson Novels - One of my most favourite authors , I have a few of his titles on my bookshelf waiting to be read including Kiss the girls , The Midnight Club, See How they Run and Jack and Jill. Also Thriller 2 - a mystery anthology he editied. Theres are the only JP novels I havent read as I am up to date with his latest releases.

Comments

  1. How can you pass up bargains? Impossible!

    I think you are doing well.

    Here is my Top Ten: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-books-i-just-had-to-buybut-are.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to new series, I used to buy all the books so that I could read them in one fell swoop. But now that I realize that I might not like the books, I'm like you and just buy the first to read and decide whether to get the next book or not. Saves me money and time too. :) And who doesn't love a bargain? It's one reason I frequent our library book sales when we have them. $3 for a gently-used or like-new hardcover, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the bargins that always tempt me. I just finished Paranormalcy not to long ago and really enjoyed it so when you get round to reading it I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually remember enjoying My Sweet Audrina. I'd only read the Heaven series and the Flowers in the Attic series, but My Sweet Audrina I remember better than any of the others

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got to read Paranormalcy. I finished that book in one sitting a few months ago and I still think about it all the time. It was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to devour VC Andrews as a teen, but I haven't read any since. Nice list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid