Review: Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins



Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)

Review: Isla and the Happily Ever After - Book #3 Anna and the French Kiss Series - Stephanie Perkins - August 2014

Years ago, I was hooked on this author Stephanie Perkins after falling in love with her two books in the Anna and the French Kiss series. I found them easy to read and the characters were lovable. For years, I had wanted to read Book #3 Isla and the Happily Ever After, however, with more books being released every day and new titles appearing, this book went to the bottom of the list until recently when I saw that our library had just purchased a copy. I was so happy. Though I felt let down a bit with this book and me do wonder if that was due to my age as I was in my early-mid 20's when I read the books and now I am nearing 30, and I find that some YA books just don't grab me as much as they used to in the past. It could be as simple as the fact that the storylines are so similar that they are drilled into me, and my excitement level doesn't get peaked as high as it used to. Isla and the Happily Ever After was one of those stories sadly. Isla is nearing the last year of her time at the SOAP and has had a major crush on Josh. Is this her year to finally make her crush dreams a reality? Of course, what's a bit of romance if it isn't forbidden or has a lot of obstacles in the way. Isla and the Happily Ever After definitely is one of those Teen Angst/Romance reads that are popular as everyone needs a bit of angst in our lives. One of the things that I loved about this book was the reunion of the past books #1 and #2 characters like Etienne St Clair, Anna, Cricket, Lola, and Calliope. This made me smile as it was great to see what they have gotten up to past their story endings. Isla and the Happily Ever After are the perfect romance/angst read for the YA Audience. Especially those around 14-16 years of age.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid