VBT# The Paper Year - Avery Aster



The Paper Year

Review: The Paper Year - Avery Aster - March 2017


I have been getting back into reading my thrillers and mystery novels, and I also like the author Avery Aster, so when I saw that she had a new one out, I wanted to read it. I loved this book so much, and if you are a fan of psychological thrillers, then this is a book that you will love.  The book starts off with a woman trapped in a basement. At first, I thought that the husband had done something and was trying to get rid of her and that she was seriously cray-cray. The book then jumps back to an innocent dinner party, and Piper Adler wakes up in a mental ward. She knows this isn't right as she normally treats them and she isn't suicidal so why does everyone think she tried to kill herself? As the evidence starts to stack up, Piper finds herself going out of her mind and more so when everything seems to point to her being crazy and paranoid. Is someone trying to ruin Piper's life or has Piper after all these years of treating patients with mental illnesses snapped herself? I did admit I didn't see the ending coming until about 1-2 chapters before the book finished and once I did discover who the mastermind behind everything was - it did make total sense.  If you only read one psychological thriller for 2017 - then make The Paper Year by Avery Aster that one book.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid