Review: The Girl on Mill Street - Peter Gilboy




The Girl on Mill Street

Review: The Girl on Mill Street - Peter Gilboy - April 2017



Lately, I had been reading a lot of Bully romances and contemporary romances and needed something to break it up. When I feel like I have read too much, I tend to gravitate towards mystery fiction to rejuvenate myself. Scrolling through my kindle I came across The Girl on Mill Street and the cover captured me. Ten years ago, Annie's father was committed to murdering her mother when she disappeared one day. Her father built his career on being a top Sexual therapist and had written a self-help book called Twice a Day and had a strong belief in Freud's theories.  Annie always believed her father was innocent but as the trial went along all this past information about her father came to light including a stint when he was in a cult in the 1970s before meeting Annie's mother Sunny.  During this cult, one of her father's girlfriends was murdered and it seems to be identical to the way that Sunny's body was found. Annie decided to follow her father's footsteps and study psychology and continued to fight for the truth as she knew in the back of her mind that her father would never kill her mother as he loved her.  The Girl on Mill Street is told from Annie's perspective as she attempts to write down her past and the story of her parents that influenced her to become the person she is today. I have to admit I did not see the twist coming at the end and when the actual killer was revealed, I was like WOAH, Horsie as in one way it was a shock but in another after reading everything in the book I could actually see that person being the killer and it made sense reflecting on the entirety of the book. If you are in the mood for a good psychological thriller and why people have the phobias they do and what drives someone to unleash their inner selves, then check out The Girl on Mill Street by Peter Gilboy.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid