Review - #FashionVictim - Amina Akhtar






#FashionVictim


Review: #FashionVictim - Amina Akhtar - September 2018


Scrolling through my kindle trying to find something to read on a Saturday morning, I came across #fashionvictim and I was in the mood for a bit of a mystery. This book however turned out to be a very dark ride and a bit odd and weird. The book starts with a magazine writer Anya who sees a therapist and has a vision board to become best friends with her idol/co-worker Sarah. Turns out though that Anya has mental issues and as the book goes along, she takes a sadistic and psychopathic turn when she starts randomly killing people who she believes are standing in the way of her dream and greatness. Some of the ways the people die reminded me very much of Final Destination deaths as one girl died with a stiletto bashed into her head. #FashionVictim in one way was a slow-paced read for me as I had to push my way through the book as I started to find it a hard read about 40% of the way through but figured since I was already about halfway through, I would continue which often I don't do but there was something that made me want to continue this book.  If you don't mind Black Comedy with an edgy murder/ crime that reminds me a bit of Stephen King's writing, then check out #FashionVictim by Amina Akhtar where #bitchesgetstitches.

Amazon:
https://amzn.to/3rZhZcl





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid