Review: Heist - Ivy Nelson







Heist (Diamond Doms, #2)

Review: Heist - Book #2 Diamond Doms Series - Ivy Nelson - February 2020



I had enjoyed Book #1 which was the introduction of the Sutton Adults - Holly and Patrick Sutton and then Holly's meeting of Eli Barrett who turned out to be her dad – Nicholas Sutton’s competitor and her brother's business partner and also Eli and her brother had a side career at Club Solitaire as Dom’s. I found Book #1 easy to read and I loved the character of Holly. As I enjoyed Book #1 Blood, I was looking forward to Book #2 and with a title - Heist. I thought this was going to be just as good or even better. However, for me this one I struggled with as it took me in increments over three days to read which is slow for me but I got about 57% through the book, so I decided to persevere rather than give up. I did manage to finish it and it was a good read with a bit of predictability when the true villain was revealed near the end. Book #2 tells the story of Patrick Sutton and Austin Yates.  There has been chemistry sizzling between the two and it looks like things are heating up between the pair as they become Sub/Dom partners but then Patrick is accused of stealing the Pumpkin Diamond and pulling a major heist as the diamond is priceless and Patrick has the most motive. He hires Austin as his lawyer but soon, the relationship between client/lawyer starts to muddy especially with their extracurricular activities at Club Solitaire. Patrick is quite a stubborn and prideful Dom which frustrated the hell out of me as Austin was only trying to do her job and there were plenty of times throughout the book, that I was screaming "Get Over Yourself Patrick and Grow the Hell Up". To me, Heist by Ivy Nelson would be considered a borderline 3Ps read. In saying this I am going to be continuing with the series and looking forward to discovering Garrett's story and getting to know him better, as he has been a less prominent character in the series to date.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2UmLubY





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid