Review: Mindy Kaling - Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara

New Releases in the Little People, Big Dreams Series for August - YouTube






Mindy Kaling (Little People, BIG DREAMS Book 63)


Review: Mindy Kaling - Book #63 - Little People, Big Dreams - Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara - July 2021.


When I used to work in the libraries, I loved this series and enjoyed them coming through to our collections as it's like finally, they have found a fun and easy way to make biographies for children to read that isn't too lengthy and boring as kids love something that is readable and they can relate too. One of my favorite ones I used was Anne Frank. So when I saw that Mindy Kaling had one, I wanted to read it as I have enjoyed her as a comedian and writer as she is quite a hard case. In this book, we read as it introduces Mindy as a child growing up in an Indian-American household and her dream to become not only a writer but a comedian/actress. We read as she got a job writing for The Office and the producers and everyone loving her script that she finally was offered her character on the show which for a female especially being Indian-American was a great achievement.  The other thing is that this is written in a picture book format, so it is age-appropriate for children aged 6-10 years old. I look forward to reading more of this series when released.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/2YaTYVf










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid