Review: It's Not You, It's Me - Gabrielle Williams







It's Not You, It's Me - Gabrielle Williams - 9781760526078 - Allen & Unwin  - Australia

Review: It's Not You, It's Me - Gabrielle Williams - September 2021

I was busy scrolling through the Libby App as I am now part of Auckland Libraries with their digital membership and it was amazing. With the number of books that you can get and the variety of awesome titles, I was in book heaven. This cover drew me in as I have a thing for typewriters or as they call this one Brother Orange. Other than that, I had no idea what the book was about and went into it blind. I also loved the tagline as the Lindsey Lohan Freaky Friday movie is a favorite of mine and Pretty Little Liars is one of my all-time favorite YA series. The book starts with Holly who is celebrating her 40th birthday in Australia on 29 February 2020 and her best friend Eliza gives her the typewriter. The next thing she knows she wakes up and the date is 29 February 1980 and she is in LA and to make matters worse, she is in the body of a 16-year-old girl named Trinity. The two can only communicate through the typewriter which gave me a Lake House movie vibe as we learn Trinity has landed in Holly's body in LA. Neither is sure why this has happened and it looks like Holly might not have a good life to get back to as Trinity being the 16-year-old brat that she acts like is hellbent on blaming and ruining Holly's life in LA. I have to admit I wasn't keen at all on Trinity as Holly but I loved Holly as Trinity as she took it in strides and we got to see things like Holly's birth. I did love the twist which is where the PLL similarity comes in as back in February 1980 in LA - there is a serial killer on the loose called The Mariposa Murderer, which we see a feature in the story and his connection to both Holly and Trinity and I was like WOAH. If you love time travel, switching places, and communicating through objects then you will love this YA fiction by Gabrielle Williams, and as the age-old saying goes "It's Not You, It's Me".


Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Its-Not-You-Me-ebook/dp/B0967SKVZR






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid