Review: Somebody's Home - Kaira Rouda







Somebody's Home

Review: Somebody's Home - Kaira Rouda - January 2022

I have read a couple of this author's previous books and also lately have been on a bit of a thriller kick so was excited to read Somebody's Home by Kaira Rouda. Somebody's Home starts with Sandi and her husband Doug moving away and selling their house in Oceanside to Julie and her daughter Jess. We learn that Doug's son and Sandi's stepson Tom have been living in the carriage house and have been given two days to move out. I have to admit, I wasn't keen on the fact that he was given only a short timeframe and, in a way, I understood why he acted out in the book. Julie and her daughter Jess are looking for a fresh start and have brought the new house to Cherry Lane. Both Sandi and Julie's husbands are control freaks and it's their way all the highway. Julie has the guts to leave but Sandi hasn't quite hit the spot. Though by the end of this book both will finally be set free in an unexpected way. One of my other qualms about this book is when they talk about God, they called God her instead of him and as Julie was Jewish and the Jewish aspect is featured heavily as another storyline, this annoyed me a bit as being brought up as a Christian myself. I don't condone murder and killing normally but I do have to say with Somebody's Home, in a way everybody that deserved justice got it and everybody that was scum - also got what was coming to them which I loved to see. Everything is in the right place. Somebody's Home by Kaira Rouda is the perfect read for those who love scandals and psychological thrillers.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3KvopJ5






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid