Review: Long Live the Rebel - EL Irwin






Long Live the Rebel

Review: Long Live the Rebel - E.L Irwin - May 2019


AJ Adams has just discovered that her real dad was Jake Daniels and now he has passed away and left her his entire estate including a house in Sequim, Washington.  I loved this book as AJ Adams happens to be a military romance writer which is pretty neat and I also love the idea of long-lost relatives and family. AJ arrives and meets the next-door neighbor and close confidante of Jake Daniels - Ryler. Most are happy for AJ except for her mother whom they have always had an up and down relationship with as she lied about Jake and a stalker fan on AJ's writing blog called Amber.  What happens though when AJ is away and someone breaks into her boarding house and then decides to up the ante by killing her landlord Mrs. Carson. This part made me think about what we put online and how much of our personal life that we share as it can make us open to the wrong people as they may become obsessed. I also enjoyed the interactions between Ryler and AJ as you could see that Ryler wanted AJ but due to his PTSD and past hurt in relationships, he was vulnerable and flawed and I loved how the author portrayed this as it's nice to read about "real genuine characters". Long Live the Rebel by EL Irwin was a really enjoyable read and I found myself overall enjoying it more than I thought I would with the right amount of twists, romantic suspense, and new relationships.  Long Live the Rebel by EL Irwin was my last read for 2021.



Amazon: https://amzn.to/3EDpWJa









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid