Review: What Happened to Hicks Road? - Hannah Jayne








Review: What Happened on Hicks Road ? - Hannah Jayne - August 2023


I had been looking forward to reading this book for a while now and finally got around to it as I love this author's thrillers. However, this one started with a bang as we have our main characters driving down a haunted road called Hicks Road when our main female Lennox hits something. She thinks it's a person but her friends swear it was a deer and an animal. The next day Lennox is back at school and still feeling like she hit a person, her friends though keep trying to change the subject and make it out like it's not a big deal. During the novel, Lennox meets Owen - a popular boy at school and he asks her out. Right through the whole novel, strange things start occurring with Lennox and she feels like she is going crazy. Especially more so, that her mum has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and it does start showing signs when you are in your teens. Lennox feeling that she is cray-cray takes up most of the novel like 80% of the book and it's not till the last 20% that the truth of what happened comes pouring out. I just feel that this had the thriller part rushed and jammed at the end of the book whereas it would have been better if maybe was 50/50. What Happened on Hicks Road? by Hannah Jayne for me was one of those weird reads that left me feeling WTF I just read. I will continue reading future books by Hannah Jayne as I do enjoy her reads overall despite this one giving me, We Were Liars feeling to it.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3upiYIo






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid