Review: Awake at Dawn - C.C Hunter
Review: Awake at Dawn - Book #2 Shadow Falls Series - C.C Hunter - October 2011
Have you ever started a series and found it a tad boring and then years later , you go back to the series and find yourself loving it ? That's what has happened with me with the Shadow Falls Series. I wonder if it has to do with that these days I don't read Paranormal or Supernatural fiction as I got to the point where it was all the same. So now it's quite refreshing to read it as my mind isn't bombarded with that world. In Book #2 Kylie is back at the camp and knows that she can talk to the dead and see ghosts but she is about to discover that she has more abilities hidden from drinking blood to super strength . Is she a Vampire or a Werewolf ? Nobody knows and Kylie is getting sick of the unknown. If that wasn't enough to cloud her mind with , she still does not which boy she likes - Lucas or Derek and is getting mixed signals from the both of them. Personally I think she should just choose Derek as he didn't run off at least with another girl and he does love her. I have to admit though that the character of Kylie does annoy me whereas she is so indescive and she complains alot - I think she needs to grow a backbone. My favourite part in this book was that she found out more information about her "real dad" and his adoptive parents. I can't wait to read more about them in Book #3. That is if Kylie survives that long as in Book #2 . it seems that a gang of Killer Vampires are after her - a gang known as "Bloody Brothers" - i know , not a very original name for a gang of Vampires, but what do you know this is teen/ young adult fiction after all. So if you are wanting a fun and up/down moody angst teen novel set in a camp of Supernaturals/Paranormals - then check out the Shadow Falls Series by CC Hunter today.


Comments
Post a Comment