Release Tour : The Screwball by A.M. Williams

I’m not a one woman man, but Preston makes me want something different. However, a misunderstanding leaves Preston wanting nothing to do with him. Can Alvarez convince Preston to forgive him and take a chance? Fans of the Dallas Longhorns by Tara Wyatt will devour The Screwball by A.M. Williams, an enemies to lovers, workplace romance.

Read Now!

Misunderstandings happen all the time, right?

Preston

I’m used to the looks I get once people realize that I’m a woman with a man’s name. I get them all the time.

But when the most attractive man I’ve ever seen makes rude comments about me, I can’t forget how hurtful he is.

He reminds me too much of my past, a past I refuse to let rule my future. My shields are up and I’m adamant I want nothing to do with him.

But he slowly wheedles his way in as I realize I might have been too judgmental.

Alvarez

I am not a one woman man. I’ve never had a serious relationship. I don’t want to be that guy.

But something is different. She makes me different. I want more. And I want Preston Pierce.

The only problem is I put my foot in my mouth before meeting her and she wants nothing to do with me.

It takes time, but eventually she forgives me and I realize she’s everything I wanted.

The only problem is our pasts might be keeping us from our future and I don’t know how to push us past it.

We have to decide if we’ll let our pasts rule our future and keep us from a happily ever after.

The Screwball is book three in A.M. Williams’ "Boys of Summer" baseball romance series. It’s a workplace, enemies-to-lovers romance with two people haunted by the things in their past as they work toward a better future together.

If you love men in tight pants and the sassy women they fall for, this series is for you.

This book was previously published as Playing for Keeps. It has been updated with new content and re-edited.

Add to Goodreads!

Excerpt

Copyright 2021 A.M. Williams

I snagged a seat next to Derek at the table, my back to the door. King claimed the chair on my other side.

There was an agenda in front of me, I slid closer to get a better look at it.

At the top in big, bold letters was the name Preston Pierce. I snorted. “Wow, think this dude is overcompensating much?”

“What do you mean?” Derek asked, his gaze on the agenda as well.

“Look at his name. It’s easily the biggest thing on here. Think he’s trying to make a point before we even meet him?”

Derek just shook his head and remained silent, and I turned back to the agenda, my eyes snagging again on the name at the top. I shook my head. I had a feeling this guy was definitely trying to prove something to the team before he’d even met us. We really didn’t need some pretentious asshole trying to lord himself over the team.

“You know,” I said, “I bet this guy is balding and has a toupee covering his hair.”

“He probably has a beer gut, too,” I heard from behind me.

My eyes widened and I froze. It wasn’t just the fact that I was being called out on what I was saying, it was that it was a female voice that spoke from behind me. I grimaced and made eye contact with Derek, who was shaking his head.

I was sure I’d just put my foot in it, but I couldn’t say why I felt that way.

I turned to face the voice and had to clench my jaw to keep it from dropping. She was gorgeous. Shoulder-length brown hair framed her face and bright blue eyes stared at me. And they were currently shooting daggers my way.

I smirked. “Hey there, beautiful. What’s your name?”

Her lips flattened into a straight line and her eyes narrowed. Even with the glare being sent my way, she was gorgeous.

The smirk on my face wavered slightly, but I hoped it didn’t show on my face. This woman unnerved me, but I didn’t want her to know it.

“My name is Preston Pierce, the fat, balding guy you were just discussing.”

My jaw dropped and it felt like my heart stopped for a few moments as I processed  her words. This was Preston? Preston was a guy’s name, though. There was no way on Earth the Preston Pierce who was our new marketing director was the Preston Pierce who just introduced herself.

I stared at her, trying to reconcile this woman—the prettiest one I’d ever seen—being our new marketing director.

Fuck.

About A.M. Williams

A.M. Williams is just a simple girl from the south that found herself living abroad. When she’s not annoying her cat or reading, she’s spending time with her husband and traveling as much as possible. She has a serious case of wanderlust and wants to go as many places as possible while she can. She loves Cheerwine, sweet tea, and North Carolina (eastern style) BBQ as well as those crystal clear waters on the North Carolina coast.

Follow: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Reader Group | Goodreads | BookBub | Website | Amazon 

This promotional event is brought to you by Indie Pen PR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid