Review: Home Tears - Tijan






Home Tears

Review: Home Tears - Tijan - December 2016


One of the things that get me is by being a big reader is that you get fussy with what you read and often find yourself in slumps where everything you try is just not resonating with you. When this happens, I tend to try and go back and read some of my oldie books and certain authors that I know will always be able to pull me out of my reading slumps. Tijan is one of those authors as her books always pack a powerful punch and often contain that original feeling of the new adult genre filled with angst before it got a saturated genre. Home Tears was originally written as Home Torn and offered as a freebie, a few years later she decided to rewrite and add more to it and that final product was Home Tears. In-Home Tears, we meet Dani O'Hara who has come home for the first time in ten years. When she left and during the years she broke a lot of hearts and Dani has always seemed to leave a trail of destruction, not that she means to but it is her curse - people die around her or get hurt. Being back in town means she has to face a lot of demons from her ex-boyfriend Jake who dated her sister Erica who died and Dani missed the funeral and now he dates her other sister Julia. Julia and Dani are complete opposites and have never seen eye to eye and it shows in this book. Dani has been running for too long and now she is about to rip a storm through the remaining O'Haras as she uncovers a whole truckload of hidden secrets and lies. Dani also does get her own romance story with the town's resident bad boy turned good guy Jonah Baron as he helps her to slowly break down her walls. Home Tears is a very angsty read and if you don't mind dysfunctional family drama, then this is the read for you.  I think in some ways it is better that I haven't read Home Torn as I got to go into this book with fresh eyes as I think if I had, I probably would be trying to compare the storylines together. So overall, I think this is a case of reading one or the other but not both as you will get more enjoyment out of it.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3uDzP8l









 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid