Review: Shrinking Cin - EL George







Shrinking Cin

Review: Shrinking Cin - Book #1 After Tales Series - EL George - November 2021



I always know that I am going to love the book when it is published by Erin Lee under her pseudonym EL George. Based on her own experience working as a social worker with children in the US, she has written several different books. Each one always touches some part of me as I can relate to it. You know those types of families were from the outside looking in, the family looks like your perfect happy family but it was a mess - that was my family growing up. As the oldest in my family, I often said that my life resembled Cinderella as my two younger siblings were never forced to do work, yet I had to clean and as soon as I turned 15 - I had to get a job and pay rent as well as provide for myself so my first job I was getting $80 a week and $40 of that went to rent and the rest was to pay for my school uniform, clothes, books, phone top-ups as cellphones were just starting to be the rage back then. As I got older, the responsibility got more and the rent got higher and the things I had to take care of - bills wise grew too. In Shrinking Cin, we meet Cindy. Her mother passed away from Cancer and her father remarried Marie who has three daughters aka (evil stepsisters).  Each daughter is lazy and demanding and Marie treats Cindy as if she is an inconvenience.  With the help of her therapist Leena, Cin has been given the chance to go to college and pursue her art. Can Leena help and find a way for Cin to get out of her family before she shrinks away to nothing and her path is left hopeless and her dreams fade away to nothingness? We also see some of EL George's previous characters from her other books e.g Dawn and Amy feature in this story.  If you love authors like Cathy Glass and Torey Hayden, then you will love EL George as they always pull at the heartstrings and feature strong resilient characters, and if you think your life is bad, there are people worst off that have overcome the impossible and survived.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3s1uvtT







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid