Review: The Window - Amelia Brunskill





The Window

Review: The Window - Amelia Brunskill - April 2018


I have been loving this library app known as Libby. It has given me the chance to discover some great new authors and books that I might not have had the chance to be exposed to, like The Window by Amelia Brunskill. One of my favorite genres I love to read is Thrillers and I love books about twins. The Window had both of these as this book was not only a YA thriller but featured identical twins Anna and Jessica. In The Window, Anna was the outgoing twin, and Jessica - was a little awkward and introverted. Reading this book, I got the impression that Jessica was on the Autism/ Asperger’s spectrum. The book starts with Jess being pulled out of class and told that her twin sister has died. Everyone thinks it was suicide but Jess knows that Anna would never kill herself and now she is on a mission to discover what happened to her sister. However, as Jessica starts to retrace her sister's steps, will she like what she finds as she discovers that maybe she didn't know Anna as well as she thought she did and that Anna had been hiding secrets from her.  In discovering the truth, we also watch Jess start to make friends and get involved and out of the shadows.  I have to admit, I felt a little let down by the ending when the truth was revealed as it felt that the main suspect was just let off with a warning. I do have to admit this book's ending reminded me of One Year Gone by Avery Bishop with it unravelling to the truth and it does become quite busy with lots of different characters playing a part in the incident.

Amazon
: https://amzn.to/3JEWHIZ








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid