Review: This Book Kills - Ravena Guron







 
 Review: This Book Kills - Ravena Guron - January 2023

Ever tried to start a book and then you find you couldn't get into it at the time and it ended up being a DNF? Then maybe months later or often in my case, it can be a year or more later. You pick up that book again and decide to give it another go, sometimes I have found that even if I give it a second chance - it still ends up being a DNF. However, sometimes it works the other way and I end up enjoying the book and finishing it. This is what happened with Ravena Guron's book "This Book Kills". I recently got a new Kindle and I have been busy downloading all my books back onto it and I saw this one, the cover, and title grabbed me. As I started reading it, it felt familiar and I checked Goodreads and I had tried to read it back in September 2023. This time around though, It had kept my attention and as someone who loves writing and mysteries, I loved the premise of this book. A short story that Jess used for her Gifted and Talented class has been used as the inspiration for the murder of one of the most popular boys in their school Hugh. The thing though is that Jess didn't kill him, but who else had access or knew about her short story, and why was Hugh killed? This was another fun YA whodunnit boarding school mystery and I have to admit when the killer was revealed, it shocked me as I didn't see this one coming, but I did love all the little connections that the author used in solving the mystery. If you love wealthy boarding schools, secret societies, murder mysteries, and stories where the students solve them before the teachers or police - then take a deep breath and open this book and PS - remember if you aren't careful enough, "This Book Kills" and a small takeaway for you as a reader  - sometimes it pays to give books like romance a second chance.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3MgimKx








 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

A Love Letter From Emily White - Author