VBT# Maya's Laws of Love - Alina Khawaja








Review: Maya's Laws of Love - Alina Khawaja - March 2024


I have had almost a month without my Kindle and now I have it back, I have been able to take a break from cleaning my print bookshelf and hoping to read some of the ebooks I had. This had been one I have been meaning to read for a couple of months now and this one I loved more than I thought I would. It was such a fun sweet story of strangers/enemies to lovers. The other thing I enjoyed about this book was the insight into the culture of Pakistani/ Muslims and arranged marriages. Maya has never been lucky in love and believes she is cursed as so many things always go wrong and crazy happens whenever something good is about to happen. Maya is set to be married in an arranged marriage, the thing though is that deep down Maya doesn't love him and believes that the love will grow and she must settle. Her experience on the way to her wedding will open her eyes to realize, that she does deserve to be happy and that out there is someone who will love her for her crazy and all.  Love strikes us when we least expect it, which is what happens to Maya when she ends up seated next to Safaraz on the airplane, and then when a storm strikes and the pair are stranded in Switzerland, they end up spending time together and heading on their journey to Pakistan. What happens though when Maya realises that the guy she has fallen for, happens to be her groom's older brother? Will Maya go for her groom and be the good girl they expect and settle or will she take a stab in the dark and a chance for true love and choose her travel buddy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

A Love Letter From Emily White - Author