Review -Etiquette & Espionage - Gail Carriger



Do you love reading Boarding School Novels ?
Looking for a Steampunk version of Hogwarts as the cover boasts ?
Check out Book #1 in a new series by the author of the Parasol Protectorate Series - Gail Carriger.


Review: Etiquette and Espionage - Book #1 Finishing School Series - Gail Carriger - February 2013
When I saw this book come through the Library, I wasn't sure whether or not I would enjoy it as some of them are great but Steampunk novels don't seem to be one of my favourite genres to read, this could be stemmed from as a friend pointed it out that I am not keen on historical programmes etc as I tend to find things from the past boring which I do- I'm more of a Cyberpunk girl rather than Steampunk. However what made Gail Carriger's book interesting and enjoyable is that it combined two of my interests together - books about Finishing schools and Etiquette as I find that fascinating and would have loved to gone to a school which taught women how to become ladies and spy boarding school novels which I enjoy as being a spy sounds awesome- something stemmed from the days of a 9yr old me loving Harriet the Spy.  Etiquette and Espionage brings us the introduction of Sophronia whom is a fourteen year old girl who loves adventure and getting into mischief. Her mother wishes she would become more of a lady, so when the chance to go to Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality -her mother signs her up immediately. The school on the other hand isn't just a finishing academy but a school for students to learn how to be spies and to master the art of Espionage along with supernatural teachers like Werewolves and Vampires. A fun novel that I think all should read and I am now looking forward to Book #2 which is released in November - Curtsies and Conspiracies.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid