Review: Waiting on the Sidelines - Ginger Scott




Waiting on the Sidelines (Waiting on the Sidelines, #1)

Review: Waiting on the Sidelines - Book #1 Waiting Series - April 2013


I was in the mood to read something; I didn't know what. So I did what I always do when I can't figure out what to read, I scroll through my kindle until something grabs my attention and usually it's an older book I have had for a while. Waiting on the Sidelines by Ginger Scott is a book I have had in the back of my mind to read. I opened it and started reading it. I have to admit if it wasn't for the author being Ginger Scott, I probably might have given up a few times as this book for me was a slow read - it took me three days of reading in patches to finish. There were moments, I wanted to give up as I struggled with the pace but I got there in the end, and I have to say Anna Todd's Tess and Hardin have nothing on Ginger Scott's Reed and Nolan when it comes to the most angsty couple out there.  The book starts where Nolan transitions from the ultimate tomboy to starting to bring out her female side and girliness. This is due to a new hottie and football star - Reed. The two are classes apart with him being the rich kid and her growing up on the poorer side of the tracks. I did love the character of Nolan though as she persevered for what she wanted. Reed on the other hand was a jerk and I get that he had a sweet side, but seriously Nolan. This book goes through their turbulent relationship from friends to lovers to frenemies and then back to lovers. As I said this book does pack a bit of a punch and is a very angsty read and slow in spots but it was worth the read and I am now wanting to see how their love story progresses with Going Long and eventually Hail Mary.  If you love YA/NA romance, angst and sports then check out Waiting on the Sidelines by Ginger Scott.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid