Review: Nine Ladies Dying - J.C Wing

Image result for Ballet

Nine Ladies Dying

Review: Nine Ladies Dying - Novella - J.C Wing - July 2019


One of my favorite genres to read is mysteries and I also love books set in a Ballet setting, so when I saw the synopsis for Nine Ladies Dying by JC Wing, I just knew I had to read it. The book starts off at a Ballet company and a girl Janie is hanging. We learn that she is Shelby's friend - Shelby is our main character in the story. Everyone thinks it was a suicide except for Shelby. This moves on to rumors of the Ballet company and their latest production of The Nutcracker being cursed as Janie's isn't the first death, in fact, it is the fourth. By Chapter 6 we have two more deaths occur as I was reading this my partner was like what are you reading as I was telling him, look another death. As ballet dancers start to drop like flies, Shelby decides to do some investigating as something strange is happening and it all seems to be surrounding a male dancer - Donovan. Is Donovan involved somehow? What will happen when Shelby gets too close and finds herself bang smack in the killer's path unintentionally? Will she be victim Number # 10? Find out in this quick mystery novella that will hold your attention and have you like myself reading it in just one sitting. I enjoyed JC Wing's writing style and am now looking forward to discovering her other works.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid