Review: The Elite - Jennifer Banash






The Elite (The Elite, #1)

Review: The Elite - Book #1 The Elite - Jennifer Banash - June 2008

Scrolling through the kindle trying to find something to read, I came across a book that I had, had on the kindle for years. The Elite by Jennifer Banash reminded me of the YA series Gossip Girl and Private series by Kate Brian. This book begins with our main female character Casey who has moved from Normal, Oregon to live with her grandmother in Upper East Side. Her Nana lives in an expensive apartment building called Bamford Estates, set opposite Central Park. While heading up the lift to her Nana's apartment, she meets three gorgeous teens around the same age as her. Sophie, Phoebe, and their Queen Bee leader Madison. Sophie and Phoebe, I can tell are nice rich girls but Madison is the other type of Queen B that reminds with witch and wants to make sure everyone knows it. We are also introduced to Drew who had the biggest crush on Madison but now that Madison is pushing him away, he realizes he loves the genuineness and down-to-earth personality of Casey. I have to admit though that this was a borderline read for me as I hated the character of Drew as he was a freaking wimp and I felt though that every character in this book lived a facade and couldn't talk about what they were feeling with their friends and everyone was just faking life. Being brought up in the lower-class bracket, whenever I have read this book, it does make you wonder that maybe you were better off not having money as being rich in the books shows you it isn't all that it is cracked up to be. I do have the next two in this series to read which I will leave for another rainy day read.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3fk2dUp





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid