Review: The Lost Girls - Sonia Hartl






The Lost Girls

Review: The Lost Girls - Sonia Hartl - September 2021

One of my favorite supernatural creatures ever since I was in my teens has always been vampires and so when I saw this book, first with the title and then the theme - I knew I wanted to read it as The Lost Girls reminded me of the 1980's movie The Lost Boys and then the idea of a girls group of Vampires kicking arse reminded me of one of my all-time favorite Vampire movies called Thralls / Blood Angels which is a group of 4 females who were turned by the same Vampire and they bond and eventually battle together to kick their master's behind. In the Lost Girls, we first meet Holly who was turned in 1987 when she was 16. I loved Holly as a character since I was born in 1987 myself and also Holly loved Sweet Valley High which I did in the late 90s. Holly was turned by a vampire named Elton - this reminded me of Elton from the movie Clueless as the character was sleazy and thought he was all that like Elton from Clueless.  Holly is approached by two vampires Ida and Rose who was also turned by Elton- Ida was the first as she was engaged when she was human to a human Elton who we learned was turned by Amelia - Ida's arch-nemesis. Ida and Rose have had enough and now with Holly's help want to kill Elton before he turns another human - Parker.  To kill him, they must burn their heirlooms, however, this isn't going to be an easy task and for Holly, it means facing her best friend who now hates her as Holly turned her when they were both sixteen and then vanished.  Can this group of Vampire misfits - Ida, Rose, Holly, and Stacey pair up and kill Elton before he adds Parker to their vampire mix? Can the girls finally be free in a sense? Also as this is written in the world of 2021 - there is an F/F element to the story as well. I normally am not one for the FF or MM element but sometimes when the author does it just right, it fits the story perfectly as Sonia Hartl has shown us in her book "The Lost Girls".  The Lost Girls is the perfect YA LGBT+ Vampire read with a realistic fiction spin which reminded me of the series Fear Street rather than Twilight.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/34wgjjy







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid