Review: The Lying Club - Annie Ward






See the source image

Review: The Lying Club - Annie Ward - March 2022


This past week I have just felt so flat when it has come to my reading, after managing to read 9 books in the first 10 days of the year - I was excited that I was on a bit of a roll, and then out of nowhere - I felt myself in a bit of a slump as the next handful of books I tried since Monday were DNFs- I couldn't get into anything as nothing was grabbing me. Often when this happens, I find myself needing something gritty like a mystery. The Lying Club has been one I have been wanting to read as it sounded right up my alley. This book once finished it reminded me heavily of the story Big Little Lies as it seemed a conspiracy, an all-for-one pact around the murder of an individual. The book starts the day of the murder and Natalie wakes up in her school carpark. She goes to the gym and sees a dead crumpled body. The book then flashes back and leads up to this moment. During the flashbacks we meet the other main players of the book - Asha who sells Real Estate, is pregnant and thinks her husband is cheating on her and has two children Oliver and Mia, Brooke - she thinks she is all that and is currently separated from her husband Gabe and has a daughter Sloane, Brooke is also a bit of a cougar and likes everything to be hers, Nick Maguire who is the school's hottie Coach for Soccer in which Sloane and Mia play and last but not least Natalie who is the School's Admin lady.  In The Lying Club we have Sloane and Mia who are top soccer athletes and whose parents have paid for them to have private lessons with Nick but when scandals and moodiness start to happen, has Nick been doing more than teach Soccer? Natalie is young and pretty and has a Klepto problem but has she finally found a HEA with Nick or was he using her like everyone else? Asha is pregnant and feeling like her family is distancing themselves away from her, can Asha save her family before it's too late? Brooke is all too consumed with appearances, can she put her opinions aside before her daughter is marked with scandal and peer pressure? Nick has everyone eating out of the palm of his hands but what will happen when his dark secrets start to bleed into his facade as the great and caring Coach Nick Maguire? The Lying Club is perfect for those edgy psychological thriller readers as The Lying Club has got something for everyone from drugs, lies, secrets, cheating, and sexting pictures.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/34Mo98q








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid