Review: Wilder Games - Ali Dean







Wilder Games (Wilder, #1)


Review: Wilder Games - Book #1 Wilder Series - Ali Dean - November 2021


As I started reading this book, part of me swore I had read it before but then I checked Goodreads and I hadn't as I got reading, I realized why it sounded familiar as the character of Karis Jackson reminded me of two other authors' tennis player stories I had read - Monica Seles and her series The Academy and Jennifer Iacopelli and her series The Outer Banks Tennis Academy. The stories were different for the most part but had the same feel. This author Ali Dean has been on my radar to read for years and I have several of her books in her different series. Wilder Games takes us into the world of Tennis as we meet Karis Jackson, an amazing tennis star with a dark secret, and Jude Wilder who is the son of Pepper Jones who had her series years ago called Pepper Jones (this was one of Ali's first series she wrote). Karis is amazing but just dreams of getting a scholarship to college and going from there, then she will look at going pro. Unlike everyone else in the Tennis world, for Karis, all of this could go away in a blink of an eye. Most people don't realize that Karis has lived alone for years and the only way she can pay for her tennis etc is by blackmailing her mum into her receiving her 'child support costs.  Karis's mum and sister are manipulative con women who live for the game and swindle men out of their money.  Karis never wanted that life but has to live with the consequences of their reputations which is where Jude Wilder comes in.  Jude knows all about Karis's family, but little about Karis, and when his baby sister starts tennis lessons with Karis - he will go to any lengths to protect them. Even if it means getting close to Karis and uncovering her game but what happens when Jude realizes the truth that Karis is nothing like her mum and that under the surface a lot is going on that no one knows except Karis's best friend Vanna.  I liked the character of Karis and that cliffhanger ending left my heart in the lurch as tennis is her world - it's her livelihood and ticket out of her life. Also, I now want to know who her "real father' is - was he also an amazing tennis player? 

Find out in Book #1 Wilder Games by Ali Dean - an amazing start to another great series that if you love teen reads, sports romances, and secrets - then this is the perfect read to ace your reading challenges with.

 

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3vSctwn







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid