Review: Safe in My Arms - Sara Shepard









Review: Safe in my Arms - Sara Shepard - July 2021

As soon as I saw that this author had released a new book, I knew I wanted to read it and I would enjoy it as I love everything by Sara Shepard ever since as in my late teens to early 20s, I discovered her Pretty Little Liars series. Safe in my Arms is set in the small town of Raisin Bay which is an elite community based around a preschool called Silver Swans. It's the first day of the new preschool year and we meet three mothers Andrea, Lauren, and Ronnie. All three of them connect at the breakfast and have children beginning at the preschool. Each of the mums also has secrets to hide. The book then jumps to each of the mothers’ receiving notes in their children's backpack, saying they aren't wanted here. All signs point to the principal Piper Jovan and so the girls go to investigate. During this investigation time, the women discover Piper on the ground surrounded by a pool of blood.  Soon, the three of them will be pulled into a police investigation and made to look like the prime suspects. Each one of the women though has something dark to hide from Ronnie with the truth about her daughter Esme, Lauren, and her fits of post-partum rage which we see her relationship involving bouts of gaslighting, and Andrea who was once a male and belongs to a ruthless family in New York and now living as a transgender female. Like always, Sara Shepard's mysteries take the readers on a wild ride as they pair up to not only solve the mystery of the notes but in doing so untangle the secrets of Silver Swans and Piper Jovan herself which will open Pandora's box for the parents of Raisin Bay.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3wCCEHP








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid