Review: Her Daughter's Mother - Daniela Petrova








Review: Her Daughter's Mother - Daniela Petrova - June 2019

This has been a thriller that had been sitting on my amazon Wishlist for a while now as not only did the cover look amazing, the book sounded good too. In this book, the stalker will become the stalked, or is it the other way around as Her Daughter's Mother takes us on a whirlwind ride. In the beginning, we meet Lana Stone whose dream is to become a mother and after many failed IVF treatments and miscarriages, her dream is fading fast. That is until she gets another chance with their last transfer - the eggs belong to a young Bulgarian woman named Katya as Lana wanted someone with the same roots as her mother. Just before the transfer though. Lana's world is upended as her partner Tyler of eight years decides to move out and gives her the excuse that they need space and time apart. Lana goes for the treatment without telling Tyler and ends up pregnant. On one of her appointments, she runs into Katya and the pair became fast friends all goes well until one weekend after a night out clubbing together, Katya doesn't return home. Week’s pass and her body is fished out of the river. Who killed Katya? Lana determined to discover the truth will be led down a rabbit hole as she learns the dark truth of Katya's personality and Katya's connection to her partner Tyler.  I did like the ending of this book as Lana always had good intentions and also, I loved the fact that she wasn't a rollover and took Tyler back immediately. I found his character such a coward and a wimpy poor me male. She is better without him. The ending of Her Daughter's Mother felt like a tribute to Katya which was sweet and I do have to admit if I was Lana, I would have sought out my baby donor too as I would have wanted to know more and gather as much information on them as I would be carrying someone who genetically was half theirs.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3LjAnoO







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid