VBT# River of Ashes - Alexandrea Weis and Lucas Astor






River of Ashes

VBT# River of Ashes - Book #1 St Benedict Series -  Alexandrea Weis and Lucas Astor - August 2022.


This book as I was reading it, I was like having flashbacks to a previous book that this pair had co-written together as the characters were the same and the storyline was similar and I got so confused as it felt the same but not . Turns out that River of Ashes has been rewritten and turned more into a new adult read rather than the earlier tamer teen fiction read I have read earlier which is no longer avaliable and this one has had a bit more added to the storyline and the story fleshed out more.
This book takes us into the lives of twins Leslie and Dawn Moore and Beau Deveraux. Beau is the King of the school and dating Dawn but wants Leslie. He also has a dark side that he is finding it harder to contain and as you read this book, you also discover his nasty antics towards women. He thrives on the power, and as I write the review, I think Beau reminded me of Bryce Walker from 13 Reasons Why with the power of having money and being somewhat invincible. This book though Beau does get Karma back at him and I have to say OMFG the ending of this book blew me away, in a way it has the finish that I can't wait to read Book #2,as you were  left  with an ending to think about and stew over.    This was a good new adult romantic suspense and though the cover has a paranormal/fantasy feel it is more likened to a more modern and contemporary realistic high school setting.
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid