Review: The It Girl - Ruth Ware








The It Girl

Review: The It Girl - Ruth Ware - July 2022


Ruth Ware is one of those authors that I find a hit/miss author. Some of her books that I have read are good and I have loved them but others I couldn't get into and have ended up being DNFS. At this stage, I am about 50/50 as I have read six of her titles, and 3 have been amazing including The It Girl and 3 have been DNF. This one I knew I would love as the trope and storyline were ones that are a favorite of mine. The book starts with Hannah meeting her new roommate for college - April. The girls were different but became fast friends and all was great until one day, Hannah came home and found April murdered. The police arrested one of the elderly porters and now ten years later, he has died in jail. For the past ten years, he has always proclaimed he was innocent and now rumours’ have popped to the surface that proves that he was truly innocent. Hannah can't let this go if the wrong man went to jail, then who killed April is still out there walking free. Hannah's husband Will was April's boyfriend at the time and wants all this behind him but Hannah isn't going to stop till she has the truth, even if it means putting herself and her unborn baby in harm's way as she inches closer to revealing the true killer. This book kept me guessing till the end and I enjoyed this story as it also had a bit of crime journalism feel to the story as well.  The It Girl has put another Hit in Ruth Ware's column for me.

Amazon:
https://amzn.to/3OJQbCO







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid