Review: Family of Liars - E. Lockhart







Family of Liars

Review: Family of Liars - Book #0.5 We Were Liars Series - E. Lockhart - May 2022

It has been a week since I read this book and to be honest, I still don't know exactly what to write in this review as the book just felt like a confusing mess. It felt like it was all over the place, yet it followed a linear timeline. I wasn't sure what to expect but had been putting it off as I remembered that the original read, We Were Liars was a crazy twisted ride and left you feeling WTF did I read? Family of Liars was the same as I felt like I was left hanging. The book goes back to when our main protagonist in We Were Liars was a child and the first death of her sister and the crazy summer that followed one year later. Family of Liars is a story of family loyalty, betrayal, secrets, and lies. I have to admit, only read this book if you have read, We Were Liars and feel a strong passion to read the prequel as, to be honest, it did feel disjointed and unnecessary to a point. In a way, this book reminded me of The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3Sa5oQA





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid