Review: Love and Murder - Summervale Series - LL Hunter






Review: Love and Murder - Book #6 The Summervale Series - LL Hunter - July 2022

I have to admit I was in two minds about this book as it is the last in a series I have enjoyed, so I was sad to see it end but also, I felt at the same time a little letdown with this book. Those who have read the series will remember in Book #5 the crew started to receive thrilling notes again and stalkerish gifts and we read as Bobby was lured into captivity by newcomer Adrian. Then the book ended on a cliffhanger like the previous ones. Book #6 picks up with the crew being called and let know that Bobby is missing. Since they are a one-for an all-for-one friendship group, they pack up their lives and head back to Summervale. It's a trap though as the killer wanted them all back and is going to finish them off once and for all.  Darcie learns that her dad has escaped prison and is working with the new killer. I have to admit, I felt let down with the new killer as they were here and then the next overshadowed by Darcie's dad, etc and they just faded into the background. Then we have the big showdown finally between Darcie and her Dad which concludes the Summervale Series. If you love YA thrillers, then this is a series that you will enjoy and should check out. As I said I am sad to see this series come to an end as I have been invested in it right from the beginning ARCs.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3JezcY8






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid