Review: Nobody But Us - Laure Van Rensburg








Review: Nobody But Us - Laure Van Rensburg - April 2022

I have been meaning to read this one for a while now as I had it on hold on my Libby app, however, I only get a chance to read that on the weekends and the last couple of weekends for me have just been so crazy busy, I haven't had a chance to read. That changed this morning when I made sure I sat and read the entire book - it only took me just under an hour and 1/2 to read, so not a huge chunk of my time but I could relax and read with no interruptions. The book starts with our prologue of someone we know as Anonymous - writing about her encounters with a man. The book then jumps to Ellie and her boyfriend Steven going away to a cabin in the woods for their 6-month anniversary. As the book goes on, we do get hints that Steven isn't faithful and has had a few affairs with her students and likes them young, with the whole teacher/student relationship going on. The story progresses as we have one chapter of the present with Ellie/Steven and then diary entries of our "Anonymous Female". All goes well until their trip turns into a nightmare which we read from the opening police scene. It looks like someone from Steven's past has come back to bite him on the tushy and isn't going away until he pays for what he has done, even if that means destroying what he has with Ellie.
I have to admit, I didn't see this coming until I started reading more and working people out and then understood. Nobody But Us is a revenge thriller and does include age-gap romance, grooming, and cheating.



Amazon: https://amzn.to/3cGRkxu





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid