Review: The Magnificent Lives of Marjorie Post - Allison Pataki





The Diplomatic Legacy of Marjorie Merriweather Post - United States  Department of State

The Magnificent Lives of Marjorie Post

Review: The Magnificent Lives of Marjorie Post - Allison Pataki - February 2022


This book captured my attention from the cover as sounded like a good read. I am not normally one for historical fiction, but when it is based on historical and real figures, it interests me and this one was based on the life of Majorie Post. I didn't know much about her, which as I read the book I did find surprising as she was an amazing woman well before her time as she was strong, adamant, and had a great business sense despite her family and personal life with her relationship mishaps and bad marriages - she held her head high with dignity and did the right thing and because of this, she became one of America's first female philanthropists. After finishing this book, I hopped on Google and did some research about her and read up as she was a fascinating female figure in history. The other thing that I enjoyed about this book was being presented with familiar brand names like Kellogs - which was created by Dr. Kellog, Colgate-Palmolive brands, Preston Sturges, BirdsEye frozen foods, and of course Marjorie's company was renamed General Foods which even from New Zealand - I have heard about. I wish I had heard of her when I was younger, as this is one female that I would list as a much-needed role model for young girls after reading everything she accomplished yes, she had flaws too - she wasn't perfect but she coped with everything that happened, she was an amazing woman. If you too aren't normally a fan of Historical fiction but looking for a great read, then I recommend The Magnificent Lives of Marjorie Post by Allison Pataki - fair warning though, this book will lead you down the rabbit hole of research if you are anything like myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid