Review: Ada Lovelace Cracks the Code - Rebel Girls







Review: Ada Lovelace Cracks the Code - Rebel Girls - November 2021

One thing I am happy I get to read them now as a reviewer, but I so wish that when I was in my tweens/teens that Rebel Girls had existed as I could have gone down a completely different track with my career as I would have been exposed to more female role models, as it was I had ones like Ann M. Martin, Beverley Cleary, Judy Blume, Louise May Alcott, and Laura Ingalls Wilder, Jacqueline Wilson, and Francine Pascal and then their book characters like Elizabeth Wakefield, Harriet the Spy and Mary Ann Spiers. This makes sense as to why I went down the track of reading and writing, and even so with this I often wish I had parents at the same time that encouraged me as I would be on a completely different life path than I am now. Who knows where I could be if only we had books like Rebel Girls in the 90s and early to mid-2000s? Working for the House of Science as an EA, I am now exposed to females in the STEM field and one of those talked about and celebrated is Ada Lovelace. Ada Lovelace grew up in 19th-century London and helped developed computer codes and computer science. She was before her time as it would be about two hundred years later, that Ada's work would be recognized and relooked at with the developments of computers, and in the end, she would be seen as one of the first-ever female coders in history and a pioneer for Computer Science. Rather than written as a purely factual book, Ada Lovelace Cracks the Code is written like a junior chapter book and at the end of the book contains some activities related to Ada Lovelace's work in both computer coding and mathematics. This is the perfect book for any female who loves STEM and computers/coding aged between 7-12 years old.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3QpwEtO







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid