Review: Into the Jungle - Erica Ferencik






Into the Jungle


Review: Into the Jungle - Erica Ferencik - January 2021

This book had me captured by the cover, as it sounded like something I might enjoy. The book starts by introducing us to Lily, a foster kid from the US. She had come to Bolivia in hopes of teaching English to students, but soon discovers it was a scam. With no money and no chance of heading back home, Lily puts her skills as a street kid to use and starts stealing what she can and meets some new friends. During this time, she meets a guy called Omar. He is a native and from a small jungle tribe. Omar dreams of being a Jungle guide and needs someone to help teach him English and he has his eyes set on Lily. The pair started working together and then slowly fall in love. During this time, Omar is contacted that he must return home to his village as his nephew has been killed by a jaguar and his family needs him. Lily makes the impulsive decision to come with Omar to his village, not realizing fully that this will be the last time she sees civilization as she knows it. Lily arrives in the village and is a bit of a commodity, not only due to her white skin colour but because they aren't used to outsiders. Lily must learn to adapt to the ways of the jungle if she wants to stay with Omar and survive, especially when Omar seems to disappear for weeks on end with the men. What happens though when Lily learns she is pregnant? Will she stay or will she return to the "real world"? In a way, this book reminded me of Amber Hart's series Until You Find Me and Leesa Bow's series Ulara which were both US white citizens ending up in the jungle and falling in love with tribesmen and adapting to their ways. I always admire reading books like this as I don't think I could do it as I am not an outdoorsy person and don't adapt well to change and I know that I am not considered a "survivor/daredevil" type personality. I don't even 100% like sleeping in a tent myself. I am more small-town/city than a country girl.
If you are looking for a good women's fiction that has travel and beats the odds, then check out Erica Ferencik's book "Into the Jungle" today.|

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3X0QbmU










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid