Review: The Summer She Disappeared - Carissa Ann Lynch







Review: The Summer She Disappeared - Carissa Ann Lynch - February 2023

One of my favourite suspense authors and one that I read everything she releases is Carissa Ann Lynch who funnily enough I discovered through another author whom I followed as Carissa at the time was published under her agency. I fell in love with her books and continued to follow her writing I have enjoyed all of her books and her latest one The Summer She Disappeared was no different. The other thing I loved about this particular book is that it follows one of my favourite tropes of a past/present mystery. Willow Roberts is back in the town her family used to summer in as they owned a lake house. With both of Willow's parents now deceased and recently divorced from her ex-husband she has decided to come back and renovate the Lake House to either live in or sell. It has been twenty years since she was last here, that was also the summer her best friend Ruthie disappeared without a trace. What happens though when one of the builders calls her and she finds a body in the closet at her Lake House? The body matches the description of Ruthie, the day she vanished. On closer inspection, something is not quite right and so begins a journey for Willow to track down what happened that Summer, face some old memories, and discover the truth of where Ruthie, or at the very least, killed her. I do have to admit, I was slightly disappointed with the ending when we do find out about Ruthie as it seemed rushed for me as did the part where Willow comes back twenty years later face to face with Ian Ashcroft. However, overall, this was another great read and a thriller/author I recommend to be added to your reading lists.



Amazon: https://amzn.to/3Im6czj





 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid