Review: Only Ever You - Rebecca Drake






25663675

Review: Only Ever You - Rebecca Drake - March 2016

For me, 2023, is the year I am trying to focus on clearing my ebooks off my kindle, and even joined a few to tackle my TBR and Netgalley reading challenges. So far, they have been motivating in helping me achieve my goals. For example, this book I received this from Netgalley in 2016 and finally got around to reading it and clearing it off my shelf. This book had one of my favourite tropes - missing children. The first incident took place at the park, but Sophie was only gone for a few minutes. Now months later, Jill hasn't let her daughter out of her sight as she is afraid it will happen again. That's not the only thing that has changed, Sophie's personality is different- she is no longer the happy girl she was before the incident and her teachers have noticed a change. Jill knows something is off but can't put her finger on it, whereas her husband tells her she is overreacting.  A mother knows best and knows when something's not quite right. The thing we come to learn when Sophie is taken a second time is that Jill and David aren't Sophie's biological parents and that she was adopted as an infant. Has her birth family come for her? Only Ever You flicks between past/present in the form of diary entries and storytelling as we learn about Sophie's real mother and the lead-up to her birth and then the two sides of the coin - of Jill and David being questioned for Sophie's disappearance and then the story of who has Sophie and why?  Will Sophie be reunited with Jill and David or will she be lost forever?
Find out in this family drama saga that reminded me similar to authors like Jodi Picoult, Kristen Hannah, and Barbara Delinskey - Only Ever You by Rebecca Drake.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3kaIvzL






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid