Review: The Deal - Elle Kennedy









Review: The Deal - Book #1 Off-Campus Series - Elle Kennedy - February 2015

This author has been one of those that I have been meaning to read for years, and I have finally got around to reading her first book in the Off-Campus series. I belong on Instagram to a Book Birthday Group where the participants buy you a book gift on your birthday and seeing as I was in July, last month was my turn and I got some gorgeous books including Elle Kennedy's The Deal. It has been a while too since I read a college romance that wasn't a reverse harem style or bullymance. The Deal transported back to a world when I loved reading books with the Cinderella twist where a plain girl who is beautiful in her way can get the jock's attention and be pursued by the guy even though they aren't normally the ones the jocks etc normally go for. Hannah is studying at Briar University and one of her classes is Ethics. It has a new professor who is making it challenging for those who thought this was an Easy A. One of those is jock Garrett, when he sees Hannah's grade and sees she is not only smart but beautiful, he asks her to tutor him. Hannah isn't like the other girls he has met though, as she doesn't fawn over him and is impressed with his family's status and power. If Garrett wants Hannah as his tutor, he is going to have to up his game and discover how he can make a trade - enter the football star she has a crush on. Garrett will help her make him jealous, if she tutors him. They make a deal hence the title and of course, you can guess the rest of the book and where this is going to end, as yes it's one of those HEA stories.
Reading The Deal, by Elle Kennedy reminded me of why I fell in love with these types of stories as it is one of those early published titles before the world of "self-publishing" saturated everything and reminded me of authors like Abbi Glines, Molly McAdams and Tammara Webber and even Jamie McGuire's NA reads. I am now looking forward to reading more of this series and Elle Kennedy's other titles.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/456b9EN








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid