Review: Last Time I Lied - Riley Sager








Review: The Last Time I Lied - Riley Sager - July 2018

Have you ever gone back to a book a second time around and found yourself enjoying it the second time? For me, that was Riley Sager's The Last Time I Lied. I tried it initially in August 2019 and at that time I couldn't get into it and rated it 2 stars which is my DNF score. However, in the last year, I got back into Riley Sager's books and decided to make it my mission to read his entire backlist and this one and his latest were the only two left on my list. I still have the new one on my library hold list. This time around, I managed to finish The Last Time I Lied and it was a good read and left us with an OMFG twist at the very end that Riley Sager is famous for. Those twists and surprises we don't see coming.  The novel is split into two timelines - past ( 15 years ago) and present time.  Fifteen years ago Emma attended Camp Nightingale and one night three of her cabin mates left Dogwood and never returned, they vanished without a trace. The camp closed shortly after and Emma's life was rocky as she punished herself. Now Fifteen years later, the camp is reopening and Emma has been invited to be the Arts and Crafts Director. During the second time around though, those memories of the past will bubble up more so when Emma finds Vivian's diary and decides to track their movements that fateful night. What happens though when three girls from Dogwood now go missing and Emma is left looking like the main suspect as history repeats itself? Can Emma find these girls and in doing so solve the mystery of what happened fifteen years ago? Find out in The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/45DawCM







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid