Review: Love in the Time of Serial Killers - Alicia Thompson









Review: Love in the Time of Serial Killers - Alicia Thompson - August 2022

For the past four months, I have tried for 2023 to try and make a dent in my bookshelf as it was starting to pile up and I have been neglecting it and reading more ebooks. I decided that this year was my goal to stop this and go back to reading more print books. I have had a lot of fun rediscovering the books, especially in the Winter season as I get home, have dinner and then curl up with my books as my partner goes to work. Love in the Time of Serial Killers caught my attention with the "true crime" aspect. I did enjoy this book, but again at the same time felt a little disappointed as the main female for someone who loves true crime annoyed me. I get that she is a geekish introvert and studying for her Ph.D. but seriously are all academics like this? Do I come across this way, I sure hope not. As someone who loves true crime, I did love the references and the books and it did get me thinking about author and subject relationships especially when it talked about Anne Rule's book Stranger Beside Me where she discussed her relationship and friendship with Ted Bundy. The book that made her famous and cemented her career as a true crime writer. Opposite her Dad's house which she is currently living in, lives Sam - a music teacher that also gives her serial killer vibes. Can Phoebe get past her judgments and views and let others in as she is the epitome of a door-slam INFJ personality? Will she learn that there is a world outside of studying and that it is easy to care about people and let them in, without having your heart broken by them? Find out in Alicia's book and I am now looking forward to reading her newest one With Love, in the Cold War.


Amazon : https://amzn.to/3DQye2i




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid